- This event has passed.
CDFI 101: CDFI Basics
June 12 , 12:00 pm EDT – June 13 , 4:00 pm EDT
Instructor: Sue Ortiz
Join NCRC’s National Training Academy (NTA) for CDFI 101: CDFI Basics! This training is part 1 in a three-part series that explores the entire ecosystem of CDFIs. Both this CDFI 101 and the CDFI 201 courses are prerequisites for the third training, CDFI 301, which will be in-person, in Las Vegas at the end of July.
Participants will learn how CDFI’s came to be in the US, impacts of CDFI’s, the products and services offered, the seven criteria required for CDFI certification, funding and resources, and will have opportunities to consider where their organization fits in to lay the foundation and answer questions about whether CDFI certification or some other CDFI affiliation option is the best way to proceed. In this training the learner will:
- Be exposed to the history of CDFI’s
- Know how CDFIs combine mission and community development locally
- Understand CDFI products and services options
- Consider the 7 criteria for being a CDFI and how to meet those requirements
- Know how CDFI’s are funded
- Discuss how their organization might fit in the CDFI world
Participants will be introduced briefly to the following topics that will be the focus of subsequent trainings. They will be tasked with completing the material provided to review and have ready for discussion at the next training.
- Market Analysis
- Business Model Planning
- Creating their Ideal Customer and Defining their Value Proposition
This will be a fun and engaging learning experience that provides insights to help organizations think through the ways they may wish to engage in the CDFI environment.
**Prerequisite for CDFI 201: Strategies and Practice**