- This event has passed.
27th Annual Utah Housing Matters Conference
August 28 , 5:00 pm EDT – August 30 , 2:00 pm EDT
Come join The Utah Housing Counsel for their 27th Annual Housing Matters Conference for an exciting event that will bring together housing advocates, policymakers, and industry professionals to discuss the latest trends and challenges facing Utah’s housing market.
The conference will feature keynote speakers, panel discussions, and networking opportunities that will provide valuable insights and connections for attendees. Whether you’re a housing developer, nonprofit organization, government agency, or simply interested in learning more about the housing landscape in Utah, this event is for you!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be a part of the conversation and help shape the future of housing in Utah. Register now to secure your spot!
- 3:00 pm: Keynote Speaker – Leah Rothstein co-author of Just Action
- 4:00 pm: Advancing Housing Justice through Federal Advocacy – Guest Speaker Sid Betancourt
- 8:00 am: A Call to Action: Understanding National Data Trends to Solve Housing Challenges (a discussion on why evictions are on the rise, who is being disproportionally impacted, barriers in Utah, and best practices from across the country)
- 10:15 am: Workshops
- The Equity Market in Utah; Helping Your Community Thrive in Place;
- Helping Your Community Thrive in Place
- The Importance of Starter Homes and the Organizations Building Them
- Rural Utah Challenges & Solutions
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:45 pm: Workshops
- Affordable Housing Development for Beginners
- With this Partnership Agreement I Thee Wed
- Identifying and Reducing Barriers to Single-Family Construction
- What place do Land Trusts & Deed Restrictions have?
- 3:30 pm: Workshops
- Innovative Solutions to Address Housing Affordability
- Stories from the Edge: Projects that Almost Didn’t Make It
- The Path to Positive Outcomes for Landlords & Tenants
- Rural Resources Who Doesn’t Love Money
- 5:00 pm: Reception
- 7:30 am: Breakfast
- 8:00 am: Washington Wire – Guest Speaker Brent Parker, Novogradac
- 9:15 am: Workshops
- Tax Credits 101
- How will the Federal Inflation Reduction Act Benefit Affordable Housing in Utah?
- The Big Changes You Need to Know About Utah’s Domestic Violence Lease Termination Law
- Rural Small & Challenging:
- 11:00 am: Workshops
- The Capital Stack
- Finding Beauty in a Stressed-Out, Burned-Out, Challenging World
- An Invisible Market: Neuro-Inclusive Housing in Utah